Dorney Parish is the southern most parish of the county of Buckinghamshire. It consists of 3 villages, Dorney, Dorney Reach and Boveney.
The total population is approximately 750, with around 400 houses. It is a beautiful, rural community lying on the south side of the M4 motorway, with the natural boundaries of the Roundmoor Ditch and the Thames. To the south Dorney Common marks the end of the Parish and the boundary of Buckinghamshire and Berkshire.
Dorney and Boveney are mentioned in the Doomsday book and the villages are steeped in history.
Dorney Court, built around 1500 and a fine example of a Tudor Manor house has been inhabited by the Palmer since 1624. There are two Church of England buildings; Dorney, dating back the Norman conquest and Boveney, with the latter run by Friends of Friendless Churches.
Our Primary school situated in Dorney Reach has seven classes of 30 pupils aged 4-11. Creating recent history, Dorney Lake is a purpose built rowing centre and was host to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic rowing competitions.