Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Eton Dorney Centre on Tuesday 10th February 2014 at 8 pm.
Present:- Councillors K. Harris (chaired the meeting), A. Purdie, G. Easton, A. Foxley, P. Smith and
In Attendance:- Mrs S Moffat (Clerk), Cllr Dev Dhillon and Cllr A Dhillon.
161. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – BUCKS COUNTY COUNCIL REPORT – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) Legal representation is still on-going with Bucks C.C. regards the land at Orchard Herbs Farm. Cllr Smith will report back to the next meeting with clarification on this matter; (ii) The potholes in Boveney Road have been reported and those in Marsh Lane are scheduled to be repaired; (iii) Bucks C.C. are investigating drain water flooding into 18 Lake End Road; (iv) Bucks C.C. are looking into availability of ‘school bus’ transport for 6 children from Dorney needing transport to Burnham Grammar School and; (iv) The Enforcement Notice on the Animal Sanctuary expired on 31st January 2015 but no further feed-back has been received to date.
SBDC Report – Cllr A Dhillon reported that he has invited the future perspective candidates for SBDC Council to the next meeting at Dorney before the elections.
162. Apologies – Apologies were received from Cllr Mrs Kittel.
163. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – Cllr Smith declared a non-pecuniary interest in Agenda Item 173, Planning Application 15/00178/CAN relating to his domicile.
164. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting of Council held on the 13th January 2015.
165. Clerk’s Report – The date of the AGM has been confirmed to be 18 March 2015.
166. Chairman’s Report – None.
167. Dorney Tennis Club:- Confirmed that the lease has been signed and completed.
168. Updates on M4J3to12 Smart Motorway Development. Cllr Purdie reported that the meeting at Dorney School with Highway Agency (HA) representatives regards the noise, the HA representatives are not considering any further noise abatement measures. Likewise Cllr Easton had a meeting regards the air pollution (notes attached) and no further measures are considered necessary.
169. Resolved the agenda for the Annual Parish Meeting of Electorates on 18th March as attached.
170. To note that the timetable for parish council elections on 7th May show that nomination papers will be available on 3rd March and delivery of nomination papers to the Monitoring officer no later than 4pm on 9th April.
171. Updates on Devolved Highways Work – The draft legal contract from Bucks C.C. was noted.
172. WW1 Commemorations – Updates on the pruning of trees in the War Memorial land and the purchase of commemorative stone – Costs for the work are being finalised in order to look for grant funding.
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii) To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for February 2015 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for February 2015 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2014/15 (as circulated).
175. Correspondence- (i) Parish TfB News January, (ii) TVPA News Letter (as circulated by email); (iii) Comments in Dorney News regards Best Kept Village and M4 SmartMotorway were noted.
176. Resolved any complaints/comments received from residents – None.
177. Maintenance and Highway employee/work – John Farrel will need additional help to repair the wooden bus shelter in Court Lane. Cllr Harris to discuss with John Farrell the work required for the Best Kept Village competition.
Date of next meeting –8pm on 10th March, 2015 at the Eton Dorney Centre and the Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30pm on 18th March 2015 at the Village Hall.
Meeting ended 9. 35 pm.
Chairman …………………………………………………… Date ………………………………….