Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Eton Dorney Centre on Tuesday 14th April 2015 at 8 pm.
Present:- Councillors K. Harris (chaired the meeting), A. Purdie, G. Easton, Ms A Foxley and
In Attendance:- Mrs S Moffat (Clerk), Christine Gardener (SBDC).
197. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – Christine Gardener, Active Community Officer at SBDC and Chiltern DC, gave a short presentation on her new role and explained she is looking for feedback from parish and town councils on ‘What are the main local priorities for the area’? It was recognised that there is an active youth club in Dorney and a range of clubs and activities based at the Village Hall. After a short discussion it was agreed that the top priorities in Dorney are:- (i) Lack of broadband, (ii) Social activities for older people who may feel isolated in the community (it was suggested that, due to the small size of Dorney, if this is found to be a priority it would be best overcome by providing community transport to join activities in larger communities such as Burnham), (iii) Noise and air pollution from the M4 and; (iv) Preserving the Green Belt. Mrs Gardener went on to explain that after gathering all the data in the district, a report will be published in early summer highlighting the key priorities and she will then assist to help raise funding for projects to address these priorities.
198. Apologies – Apologies were received from Cllr Mrs L Kittel and Cllr A. Purdie.
199. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
200. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting of Council held on the 10th March 2015.
201. Clerk’s Report – None.
202. Chairman’s Report – Cllr Harris reported that:- (i) Three Olympic road signs have now been installed in Dorney and ; (ii) He has had discussions with the owner about the dangerous state of the listed brick wall in Village Road.
203. Updates on M4J3to12 Smart Motorway Development. An application for the “M4 Junctions 3 to 12 Smart Motorway” has been submitted to the Planning Inspectorate.
204. WW1 Commemorations – Updates on the pruning of trees in the War Memorial land and the purchase of commemorative stone. Cllr Mrs Kittel was not in attendance so deferred until the next meeting.
205. Resolved to respond to SBDC’s consultation on a new Local Plan for South Bucks District which will guide the future development of the area until 2036. It was agreed to delegate to Cllr Ms Foxley to make the response by 24th April, 2014. The response will include maintaining the Green Belt and the community of Dorney and preventing the installation of any more industrial units.
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii) To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for April 2015 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for April 2015 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2014/15 (as circulated).
208. Correspondence- (i) Latest Neighbourhood Policing Update for Burnham/ Farnhams/ Taplow and Dorney; (ii) Updates for M4 Junctions 3 to 12 Smart Motorway; (iii) BALC – BCC News-£25 Million Road Resurfacing Programme Launch. (Correspondence circulated by email prior to the meeting).
209. Resolved any complaints/comments received from residents – (i) The dangerous state of the listed brick wall in Village Road to be reported to the Highways Authority; (ii) The dangerous state of the road surface in Boveney Road to be reported to the Highways Authority and Bucks CCllr Dev Dhillon as a matter of urgency; (iii) The Chairman thanked Cllr Ms Foxley for producing an excellent parish website which is now up and running.
25 Maintenance and Highway employee/work – No comments raised.
Date of next meeting – Annual Meeting of the Council, 8pm on 7th May, 2015 at the Eton Dorney Centre.
Meeting ended 9.17 pm.
Chairman …………………………………………………… Date ………………………………….