Minutes of the meeting of Dorney Parish Council Finance Committee held at Eton Dorney Centre on Tuesday 8th December 2015 at 7pm.
Present: Cllrs R Ormond (Chairman), K Harris, A Purdie and G Eastman.
In attendance: S Moffat (Clerk).
1. Apologies for absence received from Cllrs Ms A Foxley and L Kittel.
2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda-None.
3. Budget 2015/1016 – to monitor, review and approve figures to 8th December 2015 (as circulated) –Noted and approved.
4. Budget 2016/2017 – to review the draft budget and to resolve any amendments/additions. Resolved to recommend to Council a budget showing a 3% increase in precept. This will include a £1250 payment from the Village Hall Committee for ground maintenance again with the proviso that the Parish Council will review the second payment in September 2016 due to the uncertainty of the Village Hall’s income. This budget continues to take in to account the need to compensate for the reduction in Devolved Highways payments from Bucks County Council. The proposed budget will have an overspend of just over £700 but there are adequate reserves earmarked for this purpose and to act as guarantor for the Village Hall’s loan. Recommended budget appended.
5. Precept- Resolved to recommend a precept of £20,605 to be agreed at the Council meeting in January 2016. This is a 3% increase from this year’s precept of £20,005.
6. Internal Auditor for 2016/2017 – Resolved to appoint Euan MacClennan as the internal auditor.
7. Risk Assessment – Resolved to approve the risk assessment (as appended with the agenda).
8. Insurance – to review the level of insurance and ensure that the Council is adequately covered (as circulated with the agenda). Resolved that there is adequate insurance for the Council.
9. Asset Register – Resolved to approve the asset register and ensure that the Council’s assets are all represented (as appended with the agenda).
10. Financial Regulations – Resolved to approve the Council’s financial regulations (as appended with the agenda) and that they are adequate for the Council’s current needs.
11. Resolved to grant a donation of £200 to Dorney News
Meeting Closed at 7.35pm.