Jul 192016
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Eton Dorney Centre on Tuesday 12th July 2016 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G. Easton, A Foxley, L Kittel.
In Attendance:- Mrs S Moffat (Clerk), Cllr Dev Dhillon.

38. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) Tarmacking of Marsh Lane should have been completed last week. Cllr Harris asked for the dip in the road outside the Palmers Arms PH to be filled in; (ii) Bucks CC are keen to move towards a unitary authority. District Councils appear more reticent and are developing their own business case rather than join forces with Bucks CC; (iii) Cllr Harris reported that there is a rumour about shelving the M4 Smartmotorway development due to MP’s believing it is too dangerous. If this rumour proves to be correct, Cllr Dhillon will ask for the improvements to the noise barriers to be implemented as recommended to in the M4 Smartmotorway report; (iv) Cllr Dhillon will help to fund some of the £2260 shortfall in fund raising for the new Muga by the Youth Club; (v) Cllr Harris updated Cllr Dhillon and the Council that someone has been caught for fly-tipping the bags of waste in Marsh Lane; (vi) Non-Highways LAF funding 2016/7 – Cllr Dhillon would be happy to support Dorney PC to submit an application towards the cost of tree work in the War Memorial. (vii) Highways LAF funding 2016/7 – Cllr Dhillon will propose the resurfacing of Meadow Way.
39. Apologies were received from Cllr R Ormond, Cllr P Smith and Cllr A Purdie.
40. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 14th June 2016.
41. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
42. Clerks Report – (i) SBDC are holding a Planning Training course on 2nd August. Cllr Smith was volunteered to attend; (ii) Invitation to S106 and CIL engagement workshops if any councillor wishes to attend and; (iii) To confirm the next SBALC meeting is scheduled for 22nd September. Cllr Foxley offered to attend this.
43. Chairman’s Report – Cllr Harris has already raised these under Public Participation.
44. To resolve any response to the rebuild to the Brick wall in Village Road which might have contravened planning conditions. The Building Surveyor at Bucks CC is still waiting for advice from the Legal Team.
45. Traveller’s Incursion – The Clerk asked for the Chief Superintendent to attend this meeting but did not get a response. Still waiting to hear from Sgt Mutch. PCSO O’Connell responded by email that the police had carried out a site assessment as soon as the travellers arrived and code of conducts were issued. They also informed the landowners, SBDC, and remained in regular contact with them. However Dorney PC are still concerned that no prosecution was carried out for criminal damage to the gates and barrier and that the travellers were allowed to return a second time. Also there was an increase in burglaries in the area during the traveller’s incursion and a shooting of animals on Boveney Common was reported. SBDC has reported that the concrete block at the entrance to the Village Hall will remain in place until the height barrier has been made and fitted which will take about 5 weeks. The Clerk will query if the gates are going to be repaired and the ditch dug out. Dorney Village Hall Committee will arrange for 4 more bollards to be installed similar to those opposite the Pineapple PH.
46. Resolved LAF funding projects- As agreed above with Cllr Dhillon during the Public Participation time.
47. Planning
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii) Plans were considered and comment made – (as appended).
48. Finance
(a) Resolved to authorise payment of Accounts for July 2016 (as circulated). ​
(b) Resolved to receive list of income for July 2016 (as circulated).
(c) Resolved to receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations
(d) To receive the budget for 2016/17.
The end of year accounts for 2015-16 have been approved by the internal auditor.
(e) Resolved to approve the statement of accounts for the External Auditor
(f) Resolved to the Statement of Assurance for the Annual Return for the External Auditor.
(g) To agree that the Chairman and Vice-Chairman will sign the necessary cheques in August which will be presented for approval at the September’s Council meeting.
49. Correspondence-
(i) Burnham Station Consultation; (ii) Community Safety Toolkit Workshop Minutes + BCC Unitary; (iii)Burnham Station Meeting – Permanent Scheme on 2nd August 2006, (iv) Beeches LAF and agenda of 15th June 2016; (iv) SBDC – Briefing Session of the Emerging Local Plan; (v) Open Spaces and Recreation Strategy; (vi) East – West Cycle Way Plan for A4; (vii) Minutes for Beeches Local Area Forum, Wednesday 15th June 2016; (viii) Police Commissioner’s Survey; (ix) BCC Unitary survey/Questionnaire via surveymonkey ‏(x) SBALC – Local Plan & Neighbourhood Plan meeting Thursday 22nd September 2016 Capswood Room 6. 7.30pm; (xi) Invitation to S106 and CIL engagement workshop; (xii) Proposed Temporary Road Closures – Various Roads in Various Parishes in the South Bucks District.
50. Members Report – None.
51. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents: (i) Road subsidence outside the Palmers Arms. This has been reported to Bucks CC again.
52. Maintenance and Highway employee/work – Cllr Kittell to discuss with John Farrell about the strimming around the playground equipment. The plans were examined for the renovation of the play area behind the Village Hall. The installation of a muga was agreed.

.

Date of next meeting – 8pm on 13th September, 2016 at Dorney Village Hall.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.