Jul 122017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 11th July 2017 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond.
In Attendance:- BCC Cllr Dev Dhillon, SBDC Cllr D Pepler, Jacqueline Austin-Lavery, Community Links Officer (Southern Locality), Prevention Matters, from Bucks CC’s Communities Engagement and Development Team and Mrs S Moffat (Clerk).
58. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – Jacqueline Austin-Lavery, Community Links Officer, was pleased to report that a small committee has been set up in Dorney to organise meetings for those people in the Village who may find it difficult to get out and meet people. The first meeting was well attended and from this a second meeting has been arranged for the 19th July to try 6 taster sessions on topical issues such as Understanding the Mobile, Using the Internet, and there are enough volunteers to lead each session. From September the committee is hoping to have a monthly Tuesday meeting from 10 to 12noon. The Group has to be self-sufficient as no funding available. No fees are charged, just contributions, in order to ensure no one is excluded. To this end Mrs Austin-Lavery asked the Chairman of the Village Hall, Cllr Easton, about the possibility of having free use of the Village Hall. Cllr Easton agreed to this and Dorney Parish Council fully supported the ethos and activities of this group. There are volunteers to collect anyone who needs help to travel to the meeting and there is the possibility of using the Burnham Community Bus. There will be a leaflet drop to advertise the group which Cllr Foxley kindly offered to organise. The Parish Council also offered to promote these meetings on the web site and noticeboards although it was recognised that Dorney News is a good way of advertising as well.
SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler reported:- (i) Orchard Herb Farm – SBDC Enforcement Officer is monitoring the situation. The waste heap is getting bigger and Cllr Harris reported that the big animals have now gone from the Sanctuary; (ii) SBDC are promoting the Food Waste scheme and any food waste bins that are broken can be replaced on request. Cllr Smith suggested encouraging residents to use the scheme by explaining the benefits of it i.e. the production of energy from incinerating the bio mas ; (iii) SBDC are supporting summer activities for young people and the Youth Club/Playgrond4Dorney may wish to apply for funding and ; (iv) Dorney PC asked that the overhanging branches and weeds growing in the tarmac could be removed along the cycle way from Dorney to Sainsbury’s. It is pointless paying for a cycle path to be installed if it is not maintained so it is fit for use. Cllr Pepler will report back to the Clerk at Burnham PC for action.
Bucks CC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) There is 253k tonne of waste incinerated in Bucks of which 43% General, 17% green, 6% food 18% regular and 16% HRC, producing 22MW of electricity, energy for 36,000 homes. This should encourage householders to recycle waste. Cllr Harris asked about the possibility of recycling polythene and Cllr Dhillon will investigate and report back; (ii) Cllr Dhillon has written to the Enforcement Officer at BCC, Olivia Stapleford, about the enforcement monitoring at Orchard Herbs Farm. The response was that BCC have now handed this over to SBDC so Cllr Dhillon is chasing this up with Ben Temple, the Enforcement Manager at SBDC; (iii) Dorney Traffic Working Party (DTWP) has submitted a petition on traffic calming plans for Dorney and Dorney Reach to the Beeches LAF which will be presented at the meeting on 19th July (previous LAF meeting cancelled). Cllr Dhillon is hoping to get a Bucks CC Officer to the next Council meeting in September to talk about road safety issues in Dorney; (iv) Today he attended a Transport and Environment meeting at Bucks. With all the future development from Cross Rail, East/West Rail, HS2, M4 Smartmotorway and the Heathrow expansion, the need for more housing, transport and consequently the infrastructure to support this growth will be critical. Bucks CC are looking at S106 Sustainable Transport schemes which include the 2m wide cycle track along the A4; (v) Cllr Harris reported that the Oak End Way cycle track is unusable, Dorney Common Road will be impassable this winter and the cattle grid on Common Road is broken again and dangerous. Cllr Dhillon agreed to look in to these matters; (vi) Cllr Dhillon reported that temporary measures are in place for a school bus to transport children from Dorney to Burnham. Cllr Appleyard is happy to meet parents on 26th July to discuss school transport as it is now recognised that the roads from Dorney to the upper schools in Burnham are dangerous for school children to use and lastly; (vii) Please inform Cllr Dhillon if any funding requirements are needed for 2017-18.
59. Apologies were received from Cllr A Purdie and Cllr L Kittel.
60. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 13th June 2017.
61. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
62. Clerk’s Report – None.
63. Chairman’s Report – Cllr Harris reported that work on the Smartmotorway has already started on the bridges in Dorney. It was agreed to invite the Highways Agency to the next meeting to explain the timeline of work and exactly what will be happening in Dorney.
64. Any updates for the proposal of having a defibrillator in the telephone box outside the Old Post Office once adopted by Dorney Parish Council – Cllr Foxley reported that shelves, kindly made by Nick Teale, are in the telephone box along with books. The funding request for a defibrillator has been submitted to ‘Awards for All’ and now waiting to hear if successful. The Clerk reported that the contract for the purchase of the box has been agreed by BT Payphone.
65. Traffic Calming Measures in Dorney:- (i) Speed Reduction sign – Cost approx. £2500. Solar energy signs are available at additional cost of approximately £1500. Dorney Parish Council agreed that traffic calming signs which flash up the speed of the vehicle will encourage a positive reaction from motorists to reduce their speed when required. Also solar energy signs will be permanent fixtures and require less manpower to operate as there are no batteries to charge. In order to promote more traffic calming measures in Dorney, Dorney Parish Council agreed to seek funding from LAF for 2 VAS signs.
(ii) Any updates on Dorney Traffic Working Party – Cllr Dhillon reported that a petition has been submitted to the Beeches LAF for a traffic calming plan otherwise no further updates.
66. To changes the Tennis Club Lease now that Management of the tennis court is being transferred to Playground4Dorney Committee. Cllr Smith recommended a Licence Agreement rather than a lease and
circulated a draft copy. This was agreed subject to the following amendments:- (i) A condition is included that the tennis court is maintained and repaired to a satisfactory standard and; (ii) There is an automatic renewal from September on a 6 monthly basis.
This will then be approved at the Council meeting in September.
67. To consider any proposed security measures required at Trumpers Field after the meeting with the Estates Officers from CDC and any cost implications. Dorney Parish Council agreed to the proposals suggested by SBDC and offered to contribute £150 towards these works. The proposals are:- (i) Dig the ditch deeper; (ii) Extend the ditch at the Village Hall end and (iii) Install timber knee high rail along the car park side of the ditch with a lockable bollard.
It was agreed to continue with the same regime of locking the entrance gate whenever possible i.e. The school to unlock the gate in the morning during term time, hirers of the Village Hall to open gate (if locked) during school holidays and hirers to lock gate at night if no cars are parked in the car park. It was recognised that it may not be possible to keep the gate locked at all times particularly during school holidays but the site is protected by the height barrier which needs to be kept locked at all times.
68. Resolved to carry to a Tree Survey at Dorney War Memorial by Pyramid Consulting at a cost of £140 .
69. Planning
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii)To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
70. Finance
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for July 2017 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for June 2017 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2017/18.
71. Member’s Reports – None.
25 Correspondence (i) South Central Ambulance Service Awarded contract for new Thames Valley 111 service; (ii) Are you interested in the Local NHS (Do we want to invite them to a Council meeting?); (iii) Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead Draft Borough Local Plan Consultation (Regulation 18); (iv) Report from CDC of the Meeting to discuss the security of Trumpers Field held on 20th June at 2pm; (v) Minutes of SBALC’s AGM; (vi) Notes from the Parish Liaison meeting on 14th June 2017; (vii) The Beeches LAF Report including Dorney and Dorney Reach Traffic calming proposals; (viii) Latest local newsletter for the Denham, Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield divisions from Buckinghamshire County Council; (ix) South Bucks Liaison Meeting with Town and Parish Chairmen 17 July 2017
72. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents: (i) Resident complained that the turning circle in Old Marsh Lane has not been cut. Cllr Harris believes this location does fall within the parish of Dorney and will discuss the matter with John Farrell.
73. Highway employee/work – All going well

Meeting ended 9.50 pm.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.