Oct 162017

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 12th September 2017 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors A Purdie (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond.
In Attendance:- BCC Cllr Dev Dhillon, SBDC Cllr D Pepler, David Pilsworth (Associate Director CH2M Arcadis Joint Venture Smart Motorways Programme), Matt Orchard (Balfour Beatty), Matt Bezzent nd Sue Moffat (Clerk).

75. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – David Pilsworth gave a brief update on the M4Smartmotorway construction.:- It is at the end of the Developmental stage and now completing the detailed design ready for construction. The Development Consent Order was given last September and as a result there are 26 Consent requirements to complete. Hope to commence construction by Spring 2018 starting at the less complicated section at junctions 8, 9 and 10. Matt Orchard went on to say there are about 80 people carrying out survey work along this section of the motorway and the bulk of the ground investigation is nearly completed. Still need to do some work along the river bank requiring access through Trumpers Field and have the necessary permission from SBDC. May have to close footpaths 71 and 74 and if this happens, signage will be displayed to give notice to the public. David explained that, as yet, they have not compulsory purchased land but this process will start towards the end of the year. There is a £500m to £800m procurement that will probably come in 2 packages and work will take place from 2018 to 2022, aiming to open the Smartmotorway in February 2022. As soon as he has more details on this he will inform Dorney PC when work will commence at Dorney. The Highways England website does provide weekly updates and he will send the link (see below).
Dorney PC raised concern on the disruption that the work on the bridges will cause the village and would like assurance on the timeline and any project variation. David gave assurance that the enhanced mitigation for noise barriers along the motorway by Dorney is definitely included in the design. Requirement 22 showing the level of detail of construction should be available by December.
Finally David and Matt would be happy to come back to a Council meeting in the New Year once the final details are in place.
David Pilsworth sent the following links after the meeting:-
The text for the acoustic fencing can be found http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2016/863/schedule/2/paragraph/22/made
the Register of Requirements, is here: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1vubf4EDVCDK235Vo1mjE4zMw0cWMV_nx-4F1TKJO1ykE45ayIc3Yiu-iKAPEptRH2x6596l2QfVjYan9BRrrNjNg7h479VceRArL8pxiXBVDkbG641gI1btFFd_hldhmdGLvWH41Rpwuyrf8E7qg09_lnUGNvOiCHHBUJwJ5VZCaU48kwAviUKnm7hGCL1QAt3ALgX4jzoePdmr5W5NSD6xxbUxuc080veGch0zsdOaEGAgYCXEYgXMdDYi8XXbhf51Vl_mrUcB1b9aMoJ30qFK-0OUomqx6GG9Y69odVuJzNJSqsVWZPGp8eYatxurLLxie_zAhlHxU5DGkFDH1WPcwMuR1q6NH3XoWS3-n_1Yhso80c4jHfW-1cPOhpg9EsH9wFj8AbuI1yIkFnJSj8upH0ffUHmiVY4kpqCEnONaQQ2b8Fb5yhotpbwT0oP37-DF1Sdz8O5lZRz72ESKqohuOP6DSYmxEW7GVOmZJuYs/https%3A%2F%2Fsmpbim.withbc.com%2Fpub%2Fenglish.cgi%2F0%2F816293%3Fop%3Dlp
The discharged requirement signed off by the SoS/DfT is here: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1ho0tpYNjzUA1nFGAOEDXHMYZeYgScY510aSr671MuBsc0joUv1JBLN8DHWbJFmfVos9CF2jJayk5LICAaUjBSwnbhyFUz3ORRTQ4zwclSx6qCFXDYYEjHfxLJ13janliriIu0sqy1C9nwSabCl7rywwuXO16Y3pJvNcljqTj1-q9nnHLQI_GC-DoxJLB5qysrKt4Uggs-XIqNK29avlGcc4QFm-KfKemzaSKo4osQHkZSx3um62pbe6xZp6OiYJ1zNznD-ymXh3sQWNsTw6KfLknabwU1kImFZc5iu2mz24YV2OvM-Yr9HsJY_YsK-ieFNcnEOMdewIgyjrz1KYXETiS7qNJSFPFtDimFtJrU5NqkKebxC2FfZUcqn1suTUUqY8haMF8L67bzW7wgnmH6fJhiaNZSe_dRH_LafodIQUHTdzcnSpvNsFmaHVTvpgKNTjbkKM-tk1TK1k8CJfP3_0MF7eZGTllbtZPOLorMtw/https%3A%2F%2Fsmpbim.withbc.com%2Fpub%2Fenglish.cgi%2F0%2F1235500%3Fop%3Dlp
SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler reported:- (i) Orchard Herb Farm and adjacent land– SBDC Enforcement Officer is still monitoring the situation. Cllr Dev Dhillon added that he has taken this up with Olivia Stapleford at Bucks CC and SBDC did request to take over the enforcement. Apparently SBDC should be issuing an Enforcement Notice on the whole site by the first week in October; (ii) The application for the Dog Training School at the end of Huntercombe Lane South is mainly on Slough land and he did not know any further details as to what the Dog Training school entailed.
Bucks CC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon introduced Matt Bezzant, the conservative candidate standing for the local By-Election. Cllr Dev Dhillon went on to report:- (i) Dorney Traffic Working Party (DTWP) presented a petition to Beeches LAF for assistance in developing a Traffic Calming plan for Dorney and Dorney Reach. Transport for Bucks (TfB) is unable to fund any traffic calming measures as, according to their statistics, none of the roads in Dorney and Dorney Reach meet the criteria (which is to have a history of 5 or more collisions within a 50m radius of a section of road within the last 5 years). However Bucks CC devolves funding for local priorities to local level which may be accessed through the LAF with an application made by the Parish Council or local County Councillor and if successful 50% match funding is required. Beeches LAF suggested an application for a Feasibility Study could be made. Beeches LAF is in the process of purchasing a ‘community speedwatch kit’ to be shared by all the parishes and DTWP may wish to be trained in operating this device. Cllr Dev Dhillon will ask Simon Dando, or his representative, to come to the next Council meeting to explain traffic calming processes and implications; (ii) He has a county councillor budget of £4000 for additional work on roads. He will ask TfB to provide some of this money for Dorney PC’s maintenance staff to carry out this additional work or TfB may arrange to do the work themselves. He asked for Dorney PC to send him a ‘wish list’ of any additional work that is needed; (iii) He will be giving Playground4Dorney £500 from his Community fund for the wooden climbing frame to be repaired; (iv) Bucks CC are in the process of carrying out 3 public consultations – School Admissions, Improving services for Children and families and the Mineral and Waste consultation; (v) Martin Tett (Leader of Bucks CC) has informed Cllr Dhillon that he will find the funding to clean all the gullies in Cllr Dhillon’s district.
76. Apologies were received from Cllr K Harris, Cllr P Smith and Cllr L Kittel.
77. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 11th July 2017.
78. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
79. Clerk’s Report – None.
80. Chairman’s Report – None.
81. Any updates for the proposal of having a defibrillator in the telephone box outside the Old Post Office once adopted by Dorney Parish Council – Cllr Foxley reported that the defibrillator has been delivered and it will be installed next Thursday by Rob, the local electrician, who has kindly offered to do the installation at cost.. Also the Lottery Awards for All have agreed the grant application so all the funds are in place.
82. To receive the results of the Best Kept Village Competition. Deferred until the next meeting when details will be available.
83. Traffic Calming Measures in Dorney
(i) To accept Cllr Dhillon’s offer for a Bucks CC Highways Officer to attend the next Council meeting to inform members on traffic calming issues.
(ii) Noted that there will be a Community Speedwatch kit which will be available for parishes to use within Beeches LAF.
(iii) DTWP has asked Dorney PC for Bucks CC to provide an estimated cost to carry out a Feasibility Study as recommended by the Beeches LAF in response to the DTWP’s petition.
84. Changes to the Tennis Club Lease now that Management of the tennis court is being transferred to Playground4Dorney Committee. Cllr Smith has made the necessary amendments to the Licence Agreement and the Agreement was approved and signed.
85. Proposed security measures required at Trumpers Field after the meeting with the Estates Officers. No further security measures have taken place to date. Cllr Pepler offered to chase this up.
86. Results of the Tree Survey at Dorney War Memorial have been circulated.. Resolved to seek quotes from recommended Tree Surgeons to carry out this work.
87. Planning
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii) To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
88. Finance
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for August/September 2017 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for August/September 2017 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2017/18.
e) To receive notice from Mazars, the External Auditor (as previously circulated).
f) In the process of looking for IT upgrade.
89. Member’s Reports – None.
90. Correspondence (i) BKV Results; (ii) From George Sandy – A4 Cycle Scheme; (iii) Thank you from Nick Teale; (iv) BALC -The agenda for Beeches Local Area Forum, Tuesday 5th September 2017, 7.00; (v) External Audit Results; (vi) Buckinghamshire Minerals and Waste Local Plan: Draft Plan for Bucks Consultation; (vii) TVPA -Neighbourhood Priorities Survey; (viii) Water resources update for July 2017; Water resources update for July 2017 (ix) Briefing paper, providing more information
91.Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents: (i) Cllr Foxley has received complaints about lack of progress with the installation of Superfast Broadband. Cllr Pepler will investigate if SBDC have any plans/funding for this; (ii) Ask PCSO O’Connell to check vehicles causing obstruction/illegally parked at Court Lane junction with Marsh Lane.
92.Highways employee/work -Need to inform the landowner that overgrown vegetation needs cutting back along Court Lane.

Meeting ended 9.48 pm.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.