Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 13th February 2018 at 8 pm
Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond.
In Attendance:- Buck CC Cllr Dev Dhillon and Sue Moffat (Clerk).
161. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – Bucks CC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:-(i) He has allocated funds for additional highways work in Dorney; (ii) He will be joining the Local Area Technician and Cllr Ormond tomorrow to look at locations for Vehicle Activated Signs in Dorney; (iii) He advised that Dorney PC should submit some projects for funding from Beeches LAF as soon as possible as there is some funds available for 2017-18.
162. Apologies were received from Cllr L Kittel, Cllr A Purdie and SBDC Cllr D Pepler.
163. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 9th January 2018.
164. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – All Councillors present declared an interest in Planning Application 18/0086/CAN and Cllrs Foxley and Easton declared an interest in Dorney Village Hall as both are on the Management Committee.
165. Clerk’s Report – None.
166. Chairman’s Report – Cllr Harris discussed the offer of LAF funding as proposed by Cllr Dev Dhillon. It was agreed the projects for funding should be:- (i) £3000 for match funding of the 2 Vehicular Activated signs (as already agreed), £500 for a new wooded bench in Village Road to replace the bench damaged by a lorry, £480 for a new dog bin in Jubilee River car park to replace the damaged one which has already been removed, £1000 to carry out additional work on overgrown vegetation on Highways.
167. M4 Smartmotorway :- Updates.
The Clerk received the following information from Nick Atkinson, Highways England regards the Smartmotorways works in Dorney:-
‘As I emphasised when we spoke to the Council on 9 January the programme of work starting in July 2018 is still provisional, being subject to funding and the discharge of the DCO requirements. Furthermore if the formal Notice to Proceed is delayed the dates below will not necessarily change in line. We will of course keep you updated and will be available to attend the Annual Meeting on 18 April.
You ask about four specific elements of the work and I will answer them in turn. Firstly, on our current programme Marsh Lane will be closed to all traffic between March 2019 and July 2020. There will be intermittent periods of utility apparatus diversions prior to this when temporary traffic lights may be required.
The north side walkway alongside the M4 over the Thames will be closed from October 2018 to February 2021. The south side walkway will still be available to cross the river and remains open throughout the works. There will be a temporary diversion installed on the west side of the river to take the walking route around the works for Monkey Island Lane Bridge. The diversion will lead to Monkey Island Lane as usual but will come down the embankment nearer to the river than it does at present.
The Thames towpath under the M4 bridge will be kept open using a temporary walkway between June 2019 and July 2020. During this time period there will be short term closures for lifting operations. The dates for these closures are not yet definitely fixed because we will need to co-ordinate closure of the M4 and stopping navigation on the river.
Finally the Jubilee River bridge is not structurally altered as part of the scheme and so the Jubilee River path will not be closed’.
168. Any updates for the proposal of having a defibrillator in the telephone box outside the Old Post Office once adopted by Dorney Parish Council – Cllr Foxley reported that the new defibrillator has been reported in the local paper. Volunteer training will be held on 9th March from 6pm to 9pm at the Village Hall. All are welcomed and refreshments will be available.
169. Transparency Code – The Clerk had applied for a grant from NALC last October 2017 and funding of £1414 has now been received to update Dorney PC’s IT and web site. It was agreed for Cllr Foxley to purchase the IT equipment and software and organise the relevant updates for the web site.
170. Traffic Calming Measures in Dorney (DTWG) – Cllr Ormond will be meeting the Local Area Technician this week to discuss suitable locations for the Vehicle Activated Sign. The Clerk has contacted the Clerk at Burnham PC who is happy for us to borrow the Speed Watch camera free of charge once there are volunteers trained in its use.
171. To consider the Quotes to carry out the work of the results of the Tree Survey at Dorney War Memorial. The order has been placed with Maydencroft who have submitted the Planning Application to SBDC for the tree works.
172. Proposed security measures required at Trumpers Field – Cllr Easton reported that the ditch work will commence tomorrow, 14th February, and should be completed in one day. SBDC will then be able to organise for the post and rail wooden fencing to be installed alongside the ditch.
173. Best Kept Village (BKV) competition – The response to the letter of objection to the comments made in the judging has now been received and Dorney PC was disappointed no action will be taken. It was agreed to ask residents at the AGM on 18th April if Dorney Parish Council should enter the BKV competition in 2018.
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council .
(ii) To consider and comment upon applications – Agreed.
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for February 2018 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for February 2018 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2017/18.
176. Member’s Reports – No meetings.
177. Correspondence (i) South Bucks Virtual Community Forum- Wednesday 7th Feb, 7-9pm; (ii) Community Policing Awards from TVP; (iii) SBDC Community Forum; (iv) Be a Good Neighbour Scheme from Bucks CC; (v) TTRO Wallingford Regatta; (vi) TTRO National Schools Regatta; (vii) TTRO The Ball Cup; (viii) Policing in the Thames Valley January 2018; (ix) Big Things; (x) War Memorials News from Civic Voice; (xi) Chairman’s Community & Volunteering Awards from Chairman of SBDC; (xii) SBALC appendices on MKBALC Liaison meeting
178. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents – (i) Enquiry in to the implementation of the Transparency Code (see Minute 169); (ii) Complaint about overgrown hedges; (iii) Complaint from Bill Dax in his article in the last edition of Dorney News regards Dorney Parish Council’s financial assistance to the refurbishment of Dorney Village Hall. The Chairman will make a statement in the next edition of Dorney News in response to this.
179. Highways employee/work – The Groundsman is unwell at present but wish him a speedy recovery.
Meeting ended 9.36pm.
Chairman …………………………………………………… Date ………………………………….
Date of next meeting – 8pm on 13th March, 2018 by the Council meeting at Dorney Village Hall.