Jun 262018
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 12th June 2018 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors A Purdie (chaired the meeting), G Easton, L Kittel, R Ormond and P Smith
In Attendance:- Buck CC Cllr Dev Dhillon, 2 members of the public and Sue Moffat (Clerk).

26. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – Bucks CC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) He has circulated information on the type of Vehicular Activated Signs approved by Bucks CC and LAF has approved funding for one sign; (ii) He will obtain funding for the bollards along Court Lane (near to entrance of Eton Rowing Lake) before the winter or if not, from 2019/20 LAF funding. DPC to check that the Rowing Lake are continuing with their car park charges; (iii) The cycle path along Lake End Road will be cleared after the nesting season; (iv) Slough Council will be putting back the traffic lights and removing the new roundabout near to Huntercombe Lane South; (v)The response to Unitary Authority ended on 25th May. If the Secretary of State makes an announcement before the summer recess of Parliament then elections will be delayed by a year. If the announcement is later in the year then elections could be delayed up to 2 years.
27. Apologies were received from Cllr A Foxley, Cllr K Harris and SBDC Cllr D Pepler.
28. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
29. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 8th May 2018.
30. Clerk’s Report – None.
31. Chairman’s Report – None.
32. Defibrillator Update – Cllr Kittel reported that Cllr Foxley has been in contact with Dorney School who are very keen to help maintain a Dorney Reach defibrillator. Also, the cost of a defibrillator would be less if purchased through the School.
33. The Village Clean Up at 10.30am on 16th June, 2018. Cllr Kittel has advertised this event via email and Cllr Foxley via NextDoor. Cllr Smith will organise the Boveney Common area, Cllr Kittel the Trumpers Field area, Cllr Ormond offered to look after the War Memorial area and Cllr Foxley the rest of the Dorney area. Comments raised by Mr Tyler were noted and appropriate action will be taken although the A4 area the responsibility of Taplow PC. Cllr Kittel reported that the tennis courts will be power washed shortly but the bins in Trumpers Field have not been emptied by SBDC for at least 2 weeks. The Clerk will report this to SBDC
34. Updates on the Radar Speed Signs– It was agreed to seek a definite quote for purchase and installation of 2 Vehicle Activated Signs that show the speed of the passing vehicles and flash up ‘Slow Down’, if necessary, at the 2 locations either end of the Village as already agreed with Bucks County Council Highways Department. As previously confirmed by Cllr Dev Dhillon, one sign has been agreed to be funded from Beeches LAF and Dorney Parish Council has agreed to fund the second sign.
35. To note the response to NALC on the Unauthorised Development and Encampment Consultation being conducted by the Government. NALC is collecting information to respond on behalf of town and parish councils. Cllr Purdie has responded on behalf of Dorney PC.
36. Planning
(a) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council were noted.
(b) To consider and comment upon applications were agreed.
(c) The Clerk has still not received a response from Planning Enforcement regards 7, Old Marsh Lane.
37. Finance
1. End of Year Accounts
i. Resolved the Annual Governance Statement for 2017/18 (as previously circulated)
ii. Resolved to approve the Annual Internal Audit Report (as previously circulated).
iii. Resolved to approve the Accounting Statement for 2017/18 that it presents fairly the financial position of Dorney Parish Council (as previously circulated).
2. Monthly Accounts
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for June 2018 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for June 2018 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2018/19.
38. Member’s Reports – Cllr Foxley attended the AGM of the SBALC meeting on 7th June.
39. Correspondence- (i) TVPA Dorney PC: Thames Path – Motor Scooter Incidents; (ii) BCC On Behalf Of Future Bucks; (iii) Cllr Saunders – Unitary notes from 1st May Meeting at Capswood promoting Two Unitary; (iii) BCC – Mobile Library Service in Buckinghamshire closure; (iv) Cllr Baker resigned as Chairman from SBALC; (v) Agenda for Beeches Local Area Forum, Wednesday 30th May 2018, 7.00 pm; (vi) Unitary Authority & SBALC Response; (vii) SBALC – Addressing allegations against Cllr T Clapp at Farnham Common PC; (viii) SBALC – Agenda of the Annual Meeting – 7 June 2018 and Minutes of the last meeting; (ix) Bucks CC – Adult Learning Course Promotion; (x) SBALC – Report from Beaconsfield Town Council; (xi) Meeting at Fitzwilliam Centre on 3rd July to discuss the new Unauthorised Encampment Policy with the Problem Solving Sergeant from Taplow Police Station; (xii) Invitation to the TfB conference 4th July; (xiii) Council- Rural Bus Service Survey 2018 – www.buckscc.gov.uk/bussurvey; (xiv) South Bucks Virtual Community Forum
40. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents – (i) Complaint about commercial vans parking regularly in Oak Stubbs Lane overnight and staff vehicles parking during the day when they collect the commercial vehicles in the morning. The Clerk will check this out with the Police; (ii) Post and rails along bridleway in Court Lane need repairing.
41. Highways employee/work – No comments.

Meeting ended 9.30pm.

Chairman …………………………………………………… Date ………………………………….

Date of next meeting – Parish Council meeting at 8pm on 10th July, 2018 at Dorney Village Hall.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.