Dec 312018
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council

held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 6th November 2018 at 8 pm

 

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G Easton,  R Ormond.

In Attendance:- Bucks CC Cllr Dev Dhillon., SBDC Cllr D Pepler, John Barker (MoP) and R Schwartz (MoP),  and Sue Moffat (Clerk).

 

  1. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION BCC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) He was delighted that the Secretary of Housing and Community has approved for Bucks to become a Unitary Authority. Details about the changes will be emerging soon; (ii) He is applying for funding to Beeches LAF for the installation of double yellow lines from Court Rd to the end of the bungalows in Marsh Lane, to alleviate the parking problem around the entrance to Eton Rowing Lake. Eton Rowing Lake have also said they will contribute towards the cost; (ii) Cllr Harris asked why Eton Rowing Lake is getting compensation from the M4 Smartmotorway works? Cllr Dhillon will investigate; (iii) Cllr Dhillon has asked for a Parking Review to be carried out in Taplow and Burnham area regards the impact of Crossrail; (iii) The land where the Car Boot Sales take place has been sold; (iv) The new Taplow Cycle Route is being installed in January so there will be some disruptions along the Bath Rd. Cllr Harris asked why the previous cycle path, from Sainsbury to Dorney, is not being maintained as due to overgrown vegetation there is inadequate room for cyclists and pedestrians making it very dangerous?; (v) Cllr Dhillon has secured £300 funding for Horticultural Society for the ‘Wildflower Project’ and will look for extra funding to replace the dog bin at the River car park; (vi) Cllr Ormond asked Cllr Dhillon about, installing a roundabout at the junction of Court Lane with Village Rd (similar to the 2012 Olympics) to alleviate traffic congestion during the M4 Smartmotorway works. Cllr Dhillon will discuss this with TfB; (vii) Cllr Harris reported that the potholes in Boveney Road are very big and deep and need repairing asap. Also, there is an area mud on a section of the road by the newly installed bunds which is dangerous. Cllr Dhillon said he has asked for Boveney Rd to be jet patched in March but he will make an inspection with the Local Area Technician.

SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler reported: (i) There has been a request from SBALC for all planning applications where parish/town councils have raised an objection, to be determined by the Planning Committee rather than the Planning Officer; (ii) The World War 1 Centenary Remembrance Service will be at 9.15 at St James the Less Church and all members of Dorney Parish Council are invited. Cllr Harris and Cllr Ormond will represent the Council to lay one wreath at St James the Less burial ground and the second one at the Village Rd Memorial Garden; (iii) At the next Church meeting the offer from James Palmer to provide a field for parking for Church users will be discussed; (iv) SBDC’s Consultation on Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) suggests that it is important for parishes to have a Neighbourhood Plan in place;  (v) Mr Barker asked if it was possible to make the whole village a Conservation Area. The Clerk will make enquiries.

  1. Apologies were received from Cllrs A Purdie, A Foxley, P Smith and L Kittel.
  2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – Cllr K Harris declared an interest in Planning Application PL/18/3482/FA, Elm Farm, being the owner of the property, and took no part in the discussion when the planning application was considered.
  3. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 9th October 2018.
  4. Clerk’s Report – None.
  5. Chairman’s Report – No further reports.
  6. Defibrillator Update – Cllr Foxley is in the process of seeking a grant for the defibrillator.
  7. Update on the parking situation in Court Lane outside the entrance to the Rowing Lake. Cllr Dev Dhillon is in the process of seeking funding from the Beeches LAF as discussed above.

 

 

  1. Planning

(a) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council were noted.

(b) To consider and comment upon applications were agreed.

  1. Finance
  2. a) Resolved to authorise payment of Accounts for November 2018 (as circulated).
  3. b) Resolved to receive list of income for November 2018 (as circulated).
  4. c) The bank statement had not been received in time for this meeting so deferred until the December meeting.
  5. d) Resolved to receive the budget for 2018/19.
  6. Member’s Reports – None
  7. Correspondence:- (i) Neighbourhood Watch, Ask For Angela and Winter Burglary articles; (ii) Minutes SBALC – Meeting – 4 October 2018 (iii) Easter walk – Action Challenge 2019; (iv) Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) – Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils – Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (v) Announcement form BCC, SBDC and SBALC that the Housing and Communities Secretary, James Brokenshire, has announced that The five councils in Buckinghamshire are set to be replaced by a single unitary council covering the whole county.
  8. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents – Cllr Easton reported that he has received numerous complaints from residents at the end of Meadow Way and Oak Stubbs Way complaining that there has been a high level of noise at 2 and 3 in the morning due toM4 Smartmotorway works being carried out on Marsh Lane bridge. The Clerk will investigate.
  9. Highways employee/workAll going well.

 

Meeting ended 9pm.

 

Chairman ……………………………………………………  Date ………………………………….

 

 

Date of next meeting –

by Council meeting at 8pm on 11th December, 2018 at the Dorney Village Hall.

 

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.