Mar 242019

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council

held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 12th March 2019 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), A Purdie, A Foxley, R Ormond, P Smith and J Dax.

In Attendance:- Matt Orchard (Balfour Beatty), and Sue Moffat (Clerk).


M4 Smartmotorway Works:- Matt Orchard informed the Council that at the last meeting of the Stakeholders Traffic Group on  26th February he raised the concerns from Dorney PC about the dangerous junction outside Eton Dorney Rowing Lake during busy times and about the suggestion of having a roundabout at the junction of Village Rd and Court Lane (similar the one  during 2012  Olympics) to improve traffic flow. Ryan Curtis from Bucks CC was at this meeting for the first time and it was agreed to invite him to the next Dorney PC meeting. Vegetation clearance continues and drilling work under Marsh Lane bridge. Any trees removed will be replanted with oaks, limes and hornbeams. The noise barrier will be increased to 3m. Badgers are still present and need to work around them so may have to do some night work.

The soil will be heaped up to form grass bunds in Trumpers Field as part of the flood alleviation works in order to avoid heavy vehicles removing the soil and so that the bund acts as a screen. The next nearest public exhibition will be at Datchet on 13th March.

Cllr Purdie thanked Matt for giving him the contact for Openreach. The contact informed Cllr Purdie that there are no cables running under Marsh Lane bridge so the construction works will have no impact on broadband services. Matt will check this out.

Cllr Harris asked what is happening to Orchard Herbs Farm regards in the plans for Lake End Bridge. Matt responded that negotiations are in hand between the Landowner and Highways England to compulsory purchase the land. This is a very complicated business as multiple tenants and need to resolve who will clear the land.

Bucks CC – No report.

SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler sent a written report that there were no further updates regards Orchard Herbs Farm.

TVPA- A question was raised about the number of commercial vehicles parking on the grass verge by the Pineapple PH. The Clerk will report this to TVPA.

  1. Apologies were received from Cllr G Easton, Bucks CC Cllr Dev Dhillon., SBDC Cllr D Pepler, Jim Stacy (Highways England),
  2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
  3. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 12th February 2019.
  4. Clerk’s Report – None.
  5. Chairman’s Report – Already covered in the Minutes.
  6. Notice of Casual Vacancy – After the Notice of Casual Vacancy there has been one applicant, Jill Dax. Resolved to accept Jill Dax as a councillor for Dorney Parish Council and Cllr Harris welcomed her on to the Council.
  7. Resolved to agree the agenda for the Annual General Meeting of the Electorate on 17th April 2019 in a similar format to the one from last year except to remove the Best Kept Village Competition and replace with the Annual Village Clean Up. The Clerk will ask the appropriate speakers to attend.
  8. Defibrillator Update – No further updates.
  9. Update on the parking situation in Court Lane outside the entrance to the Rowing Lake. No further updates but Cllr Harris will draw up the plan for the location of double yellow lines in readiness for the feasibility study to be carried out by Bucks CC. Also, will ask the Manager of Eton Rowing Lake if texts are being sent to local residents with the free parking permits to give advanced warning when the car park is closed.
  10. Update on M4Smartmotorway works – As discussed during the public participation.
  11. Rights of Way To respond to the ‘Bucks Rights of Way Improvement Plan’ – Draft response approved. 
  12. Planning

(a) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council were noted. 

(b) To consider and comment upon applications were agreed.

  1. Finance

a) Resolved to authorise payment of Accounts for March 2019 (as circulated).

b) Resolved to receive list of income for March 2019 (as circulated).

c) The bank statement for March 2019 – Noted.

d) Resolved to receive the budget for 2018/19. Noted.

  1. Member’s Reports – None
  2. Correspondence:- ((i) M4 Junction 3 to 12 Upgrade to Smart Motorway – March 2019 bulletin (ii) Buckinghamshire Brexit Summit – 6 March 2019 ; (iii) Bucks CC Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA) ‘Call for Sites’ February 2019 RBWM.); (iv) Parish Liaison meeting 27th March; (v) Bucks CC – Changes to household recycling centres; (vi) TVPA – Hidden Harm Campaign.
  3. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents – (i) Complaint received about the overgrown hedge opposite Richmond Path. This will be reported to the Landowner; (ii) Both cattle grids, each end of Boveney Common, need repairing. The Clerk will suggest to Bucks CC that the carriageway by the side of the ‘Windsor end’ cattle grid should be opened for traffic to avoid closing the road again; (iii) Huntercombe Lane South – Very bad potholes, broken drain cover and overgrown vegetation makes it difficult for drivers to use this road. The Clerk will contact Burnham Parish Council to find out if repair work is imminent.
  4. Highways work – No further updates.

Meeting ended 9.05pm.

Chairman ……………………………………………………  Date ………………………………….

Date of next meeting – Council meeting at 8pm on 9th April, 2019 at the Dorney Village Hall and the AGM  at 7.30pm on Wednesday, 17th April at Dorney Village Hall.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.