To all Members of Dorney Parish Council. You are hereby summoned to attend the Meeting of the Dorney Parish Council at Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 9th April 2019 at 8 pm. It is intended to transact the business listed below in the Agenda.
Mrs S Moffat
191. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION An Open Session will be held for members of the public who may ask questions or submit comments about agenda items/parish council matters. Parish Councillors may also make comment at this time. If there is a representative from Thames Valley Police, a County Council or District Council Member in attendance there will be an opportunity for them to report on any relevant matter or ask/answer questions. Each person speaking will usually be limited to 3 minutes. Duration of this part of the meeting usually to be no longer than 15 minutes.
M4 Smartmotorway Report
Bucks CC Report:
- To receive apologies for absence.
- Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda
194. To receive, and in so far as is required, approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 12th March 2019 (copy previously circulated).
195. Clerk’s Report
196. Chairman’s Report
- Annual General Meeting of the Electorate on 17th April 2019 – Agenda Update.
- Update on the defibrillators
- Update on the parking situation in Court Lane outside the entrance to the Rowing Lake. To consider the suggestion from Mr Humpleman (representing the Church):- ‘If the closure of Marsh Lane bridge makes the issue more acute, it would be good to have an agreed plan in place beforehand. Therefore, he would like to propose the following: In this scenario, the problem will be caused by the Marsh Lane bridge being closed. That being the case, he proposes that Dorney Lake provide free parking during the period the road is closed, to minimise parking in Court Lane, and their loss of revenue (£24k per annum?) is subsidised by Highways. This would have the least impact and be the most cost effective. Versus yellow lines all the way down Court Lane and a car park for the Church.
- Update on M4Smartmotorway works.
- Dorney News – To consider the request from Mr Bowman to change the format of the Minutes of the monthly meetings of Dorney Parish Council that will be published in Dorney News to that of the ‘Parish Pump’ type style. (Example attached).
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (to be circulated).
- To consider and comment upon applications – (to be circulated).
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for April 2019 (to be circulated).
b) To receive list of income for April 2019 (to be circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2018/19.
187. Member’s Reports
188. Correspondence – (i) Bucks CC – 2018 statistics for the Dorney Traffic Monitor; (ii) SBALC addenda for 28th March; (iii) Reply to the SBALC letter from the Secretary of State regards Unitary; (iv) A4 (Bath Road) Bulletin; (v) Dementia Friends Session – Wednesday 22nd May
189. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents; (i) Huntercombe Lane South – Report from Bucks CC – ,The road is being extensively patched in approx. 3 weeks’ time (hopefully sooner) which will take care of the potholes. In the mean time I’ve placed out failed road surface boards which will act as a warning to drivers to navigate with care. The vegetation I’m not aware about but will visit the road and raise any necessary orders for flailing/siding out etc and let you know’; (ii) Repair of cattle grids – Suggestion to open side gate at t to vehicles at the Windsor end one was passed on to the new Local Area Technician, Chris Nash.
190. Maintenance and Highway employee/work.
Date of next meeting – First meeting of the Council for 2019-20 will be at 8pm on 14th May, 2019 at the Dorney Village Hall. AGM at 7.30pm on 17th April 2019.