To all Members of Dorney Parish Council . You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of the Dorney Parish Council at Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 14th May 2019 at 8 pm. It is intended to transact the business listed below in the Agenda.
Mrs S Moffat
- Election of Chairman for the ensuing year.
- Declaration of Acceptance of Office of newly-elected chairman.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION An Open Session will be held for members of the public who may ask questions or submit comments about agenda items/parish council matters. Parish Councillors may also make comment at this time. If there is a representative from Thames Valley Police, a County Council or District Council Member in attendance there will be an opportunity for them to report on any relevant matter or ask/answer questions. Each person speaking will usually be limited to 3 minutes. Duration of this part of the meeting usually to be no longer than 15 minutes.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda
- To receive, and in so far as is required, approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 17th April 2019 (copy previously circulated).
- Election of Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year.
- To fix the amount of the Chairman’s allowance in pursuance of section 15(5) of the Local Government Act 1972 at the budgeted amount of £150.
- Finance Committee – to agree membership to be all councillors.
- To appoint representatives on the undermentioned bodies:-
- To fix the dates and times of meetings of the Council for the ensuing year – to be at 8pm on 2nd Tuesday of every month – (at Dorney Village Hall) and no meeting in August. Finance Meeting to set budget and precept and review internal audit plan and risk assessments will be held before the Council meeting on 12th November at 7.30pm, 2019 in Dorney Village Hall.
- Clerk’s Report
- Chairman’s Report
- Updates on the defibrillators
- Update on the parking situation in Court Lane
- Update on M4Smartmotorway works.
- Dorney News – Any updates on the Village Pump.
- To consider a Change of Boundary from Buckinghamshire to Berkshire – Essentially, it is a complex process which would involve all affected jurisdictions agreeing to change the principal boundaries, followed by several stages of consultation. The Local Government Boundary Commission for England would not agree to undertake one of these unless requested by all local authorities affected. More about Principal Area Boundary Reviews here: http://www.lgbce.org.uk/how-reviews-work/other-types-of-review/about-principal-area-boundary-reviews
- To discuss the ‘Village Clean Up’ Day.
- Updates on the Radar Speed Sign
- Community Speedwatch scheme – Does DPC wish to participate in borrowing the Community Speedwatch camera from Burnham PC as purchased by Beeches LAF. No cost in borrowing the camera but would need volunteers trained be TVPA to operate the camera.
- To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
- To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for May 2019 (to be circulated).
b) To receive list of income for May 2019 (to be circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2019/20.
- Member’s Reports
- Correspondence– (i) SBALC Minutes of 28th March 2019; (ii) Invitation to Heathrow Community Stakeholder Roadshow Events; iii Police & Crime Bulletin April 2019 ; iv) Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead: Event reminder ; (V0 Dorney PC: Police & Crime Bulletin April 2019; (vi) M4 Smart Motorway Acoustic Barriers in the vicinity of Dorney Reach.
- Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents
- Maintenance and Highway employee/work.
Date of next meeting – 8pm on 11thJune, 2019 at the Dorney Village Hall.