May 212019

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council

held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 14t May 2019 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), R, Ormond, A Foxley, P Smith and J Dax.

In Attendance:- Cllr Dev Dhillon, Matt Orchard (Balfour Beatty), Jim Stacey (Highways England), Ryan Curtis (Graduate Transport Planner, TfB), Mr Humpleman,, Mr Bowman, Mr Templeman  and Sue Moffat (Clerk).

  1. Resolved to elect Cllr Keith Harris as Chairman for the ensuing year.
  2. Cllr Harris signed the declaration of Acceptance of Office as the newly-elected Chairman.

M4 Smartmotorway:-  Matt Orchard reported that:- (i) After receiving a complaint he stopped the use of the vibrating roller which was causing a noise nuisance; (ii) Still working around the badges sett. The badgers should be rehoused at the end of the official breeding season which is the 1st July

Ryan Curtis reported that the Traffic Management (TM) can not be put in place yet for Highways England, as Thames Water has a 5 months TM permit until September and has an open permit to go in and out of Old Marsh Lane to carry out work. A request was made to see the TM plan for Thames Water?

Cllr Harris raised the concern again about the dangerous corner in Court Lane (outside Eton Rowing Lake) and installing a temporary roundabout at Court Lane/Village Road. It is imperative that a TM permit takes account of these issues. Cllr Harris also pointed out that about 90% of the 200 school children come by car to Dorney Reach school although Jim Stacey responded that Highways England have been in contact with the School and no concern was raised.

Matt Orchard emphasised that he has been attending the Stakeholders meetings for 2 years and has raised these concerns made by Dorney PC.

Ryan Curtis, Highways Officer at Bucks CC has now raised the concern regards the roundabout and double yellow lines. The first response he received from Highways England was that, based on the modelling carried out, these issues were not a concern but now have acknowledged further modelling needs to be carried out.

Cllr Dev Dhillon stressed that he needs to get Bucks CC and Highways England to find solutions to these problems. To this end he will organise a meeting with the Highways Safety Officer at Bucks CC tomorrow.

Matt explained that Balfour Beatty uses a specialist company to draw up the TM for them which is a company called Vertis and he has raised these issues with them.

It was agreed that Highways England and Balfour Beatty will copy the Clerk into any correspondence about these issues and also send copies of the Minutes of the Stakeholders meetings. Ryan Curtis also confirmed he will circulate correspondence on these matters.

Paul Humpleman raised concerns again, on behalf of St James the Less Church, about parking congestion causing a problem to users of the Church, many of which are elderly and need to park near to the Church.

Bucks CC – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported: (i) Orchard Herbs Farm – Still waiting for the Enforcement Officers at SBDC to arrange a date for a meeting; (ii)  Huntercombe Lane South has been repaired and Boveney Road has been jet patched; (iii) Still waiting for the replacement cattle grids. Again, Cllr Harris stressed that the traffic management plan during these repair works must ensure Boveney Common is not closed; (iv) Cllr Dev Dhillon reported that the order has now been placed for a Unitary Authority in Bucks and the Shadow Authority should be approved by 29th May 2019; (v) SBDC will be approving the Chilterns and South Bucks Local Plan at its meeting tonight and then it will go out to public consultation..

SBDC Report – None.

  • Apologies were received from Bucks Cllr Purdie and SBDC Cllr D Pepler.
  • Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
  • Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 17th April 2019.
  • Resolved to elect Cllr Andrew Purdie as Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year.
  • Resolved To fix the amount of the Chairman’s allowance in pursuance of section 15(5) of the Local Government Act 1972 at the budgeted amount of £150.
  • Finance Committee – Resolved that membership will be all councillors and that Cllr Richard Ormond will be Chairman of the Finance meeting for the ensuing year.
  • To appoint representatives on the undermentioned bodies:-

SBALC – Cllr Purdie, Cllr Foxley and Cllr Dax (according to who is available to attend).

BALC – Cllr Purdie and Cllr Dax (according to who is available to attend).

  1. Resolved to fix the dates and times of meetings of the Council for the ensuing year – to be at 8pm on 2nd Tuesday of every month – (at Dorney Village Hall) and no meeting in August. Finance Meeting to set budget and precept and review internal audit plan and risk assessments will be held before the Council meeting on 12th November at 7.30pm, 2019 in Dorney Village Hall.
  2. Clerk’s Report – The Clerk reported that she will now inform SBDC that there is a vacancy on the Council after the sad demise of Cllr Graham Easton. It was agreed for Mr Bowman to publicise this vacancy in Dorney News.
  3. Chairman’s Report – Cllr Harris thanked all those who attended the funeral of Cllr Easton
  4. Updates on the defibrillators – Cllr Foxley still in the process of seeking a grant from the Heathrow Communuty fund.
  5. Update on the parking situation in Court Lane – As discussed in the Public Participation time. Cllr Jill Dax also added that Eton Rowing Lake are contravening the conditions of parking as laid out in the planning permission granted. It was agreed to revisit these parking conditions and ask SBDC Planning Department to clarify them.
  6. Update on M4Smartmotorway works – As discussed in the Public Participation time.
  7. Dorney News – Peter Bowman has circulated a copy of the proposed new format of the Council Minutes. for Dorney News. This style of Minutes were agreed provided that any acronyms are first outlined in full to make it more user friendly.
  8. To consider a Change of Boundary from Buckinghamshire to Berkshire – Following a question raised at the APM the Parish Council would like to gauge the level of support from residents of Dorney, Dorney Reach, Lake End and Boveney.
  9. To discuss the ‘Village Clean Up’ Day. This will be held from 1pm on 23rd June. It was agreed to apply for a grant from the ‘Get Together’
  10. Updates on the Radar Speed Sign – Cllr Harris has issued reports on a week’s results for each radar sign.
  11. Community Speedwatch scheme – Resolved for Dorney PC to borrow the Community Speedwatch camera from Burnham PC as Cllr Jill Dax reported that there are volunteers willing to be trained and use the Speedwatch camera. N.B. There is now a national register of offenders from the Community Speedwatch Scheme.
  12. Planning

(a) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council were noted. 

(b) To consider and comment upon applications were agreed.

  • Finance

a) Resolved to authorise payment of Accounts for May 2019 (as circulated).

b) Resolved to receive list of income for May 2019 (as circulated).

c) The bank statement for April 2019 – Noted.

d) Resolved to receive the budget for 2019/20. Noted.

  • Member’s Reports – None
  • Correspondence:- (i) SBALC Minutes of 28th March 2019; (ii) Invitation to Heathrow Community Stakeholder Roadshow Events; iii Police & Crime Bulletin April 2019 ; (iii) Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead: Event reminder ; (iv) Dorney PC: Police & Crime Bulletin April 2019; (v) M4 Smart Motorway Acoustic Barriers in the vicinity of Dorney Reach; (vi) VE Day 75 is on 8th May 2020; (vii) Workshops are being held on Developing a Vision for Bucks, Council Together.
  • Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents (i) Eton Dorney School – Refuse bins need moving into the school premises. Also a number of people from the School smoke outside the School premises leaving cigarette butts on the pavement. Cllr Dax has spoken to the Head Teacher who has hopefully resolved these issues. However there is still the matter of the number of banners being displayed on the boundary fence; (ii) Heathrow Consultation – Cllr Foxley has raised thequestion on who monitors the planes that fly over 1000ft, how can we see that monitoring, why is that the magic number for  noise, what happens when that is broken either by take off or landing aircraft? 
  • Highways work – All going well.

Meeting ended 10.16pm.

Chairman ……………………………………………………  Date ………………………………….

Date of next meeting of the Council at 8pm on 11th June, 2019 at the Dorney Village Hall.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.