Dec 032017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council
held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 14th November 2017 at 8 pm

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), A Purdie, L Kittel and R Ormond.
In Attendance:- SBDCs Cllr D Pepler and Matt Bezzant, TVPA Sgt T Walker and Sue Moffat (Clerk).

111. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – TVPA – Sgt Trevor Walker reported on the three recent car accidents in Dorney:- (i) The accident in Village Road was due to a medical problem where the vehicle crashed in to a tree at approximately 30 mph or less; (ii) The accident involving a police car from Slough in the Dorney Common area which spun round quickly to respond to a call and a vehicle close by drove in to it and; (iii) A cow was hit on the Common which has been one of 2 similar incidents this year.
Regards the use of the Community Speed Watch camera, Farnham and Taplow operations are up and running. The camera measures the speed of all cars but only records any vehicles at speeds of 35mph and above. If any one driver receives notices of 3 speeding offences driving the same vehicle then the police will look to prosecute that driver. If DTWG would like to participate, 4 volunteers would be required for the police to train in operating the camera and using the Police National Computer to record the speeding offences. PCSO Angie O’Connell organises this training.
SBDC Report – Cllr Matt Bezzant reported that he has now been a district councillor for just over a month and a lot has gone on at District during this time. Cllr Bezzant will find out which Committee(s) he will be on this coming week.
Cllr Pepler reported:- (i) SBDC has recently elected a new cabinet with Cllr Nick Naylor as the leader; (ii) As he mentioned at the last meeting SBDC are committed to providing a new development of affordable housing in Taplow; (iii) The Chief Constable of TVPA is visiting SBDC, so please let Cllr Peplar know if there are any questions you wish him to raise. . Cllr Purdie asked that the question should be raised if there is a consistent policy for the police in dealing with illegal travellers’ incursions, a problem highlighted at the recent SBALC meeting; (iv) Burnham is setting up a museum and would appreciate input from Dorney and Taplow; (v) Regards the effect of the Green Belt Preferred Options, the only effect on Dorney is the proposal for a commercial site next to the land at Sainsburys. No plans for Marsh Lane; (vi) SBDC is campaigning for a new car park at Taplow Station to accommodate the increase of users due to the launch of Crossrail. No plans at present for parking meters on adjacent roads; (vii) No further updates on the Orchard Herbs Farm site.
112. Apologies were received from Cllr A Foxley, Cllr G Easton, Cllr P Smith and Bucks CC Cllr Dev Dhillon.
113. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on the 10th October 2017.
114. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
115. Clerk’s Report – None.
116. Chairman’s Report – Domain name invoice to be submitted.
117. Any updates for the proposal of having a defibrillator in the telephone box outside the Old Post Office once adopted by Dorney Parish Council – The new defibrillator is covered under the Council’s insurance. Final payment to be confirmed by Cllr Foxley at the next meeting.
118. Best Kept Village Competition – Agreed the letter of concern to be sent to organisers as suggested by Cllr Foxley.
119. Traffic Calming Measures in Dorney (DTWG) – (i) Response from DTWG to the question raised at the last Council meeting as to who is actually on the DTWG is as follows:-
‘The DTWG is a virtual group of 77 people who have collaborated and contributed to the various traffic matters that are being addressed. DTWG is supported, on the subject of traffic calming, by 183 supporters. Mr and Mrs Dax are the coordinators of DTWG’.
Dorney Parish Council would appreciate a representative of the DTWG to attend a Council meeting when there are matters to be discussed as the decision making process of the Council is by a resolution at a Council meeting.
Dorney PC will continue to seek to purchase 2 solar panelled Speed Awareness signs as a traffic calming measure. Proposed locations for them are along Village Road by the cattle grid at one end and before the Pineapple PH at the other end of the Village but will discuss these locations with the Highways Authority at Bucks CC and DTWG. However it was agreed that the latter location, i.e. near the Pineapple PH would be deferred until 2018, after the SmartMotorway works, in case there is change in road layout.
120. To consider the Quotes to carry out the work of the results of the Tree Survey at Dorney War Memorial. Still waiting for a third quote. Cllr Kittel suggested applying to the War Memorial Trust for a grant.
121. Proposed security measures required at Trumpers Field after the meeting with the Estates Officers. No further updates for the Estates Officer. However concern was raised about the recent removal of the bund and concrete block to allow access to the Smartmotorway work which appears to require access through Trumpers Field to a compound that is being installed near to the motorway. Heavy vehicles are also causing the ground to be churned up making it impassable to pedestrians along this footpath. Also machinery being used during busy periods of use such as school drop off and pick up times. It was agreed to ask a representative of the Highways Agency to attend a meeting to explain the situation.
122. To respond to the Mobile Library consultation – Will ask Dorney News to advertise this consultation for residents to respond and put up information on noticeboards.
123. Planning
(i) To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (as appended).
(ii) To consider and comment upon applications – (as appended).
124. Finance
a) To authorise payment of Accounts for November 2017 (as circulated).
b) To receive list of income for November 2017 (as circulated).
c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
d) To receive the budget for 2017/18.
125. Member’s Reports – Minutes of the SBALC meeting on 19th October. Cllr Purdie highlighted the concern raised about the inconsistency of action by the Police to remove illegal travellers’ incursions.
126. Correspondence (i) Dorney PC: Community Speed Watch from TVPA – PCSO O’Connell would be happy to help train volunteers to use the Speed Camera; (ii) Loan Sharks Christmas 2017 from SBDC Community Safety Officer; (iii) Minutes of SBALC of 19-11-2017 (iv) Invitation for the Chairmen to attend a meeting with the new Healthcare development at the former Roots Garden Centre.
127. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents: (i) To ask Cllr Dhillon and Bucks CC’s LAT to inspect the increasing number of potholes particularly in Village Road near the Pineapple and Dorney Common; (ii) To ask SBDC to replace the broken dog bin in Jubilee River car park which has now been removed; (iii) 26 Meadow Way, Fallen tree on fence – Cllr Purdie will check and report back
128. Highways employee/work – All going well.

Meeting ended 9.20pm.

Chairman …………………………………………………… Date ………………………………….

Date of next meeting – 8pm on 12th December, 2017 by the Council meeting at Dorney Village Hall.

Dec 032017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 10th October 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, A Purdie, P Smith and R Ormond. In Attendance:- SBDC Cllr D Pepler and Sue Moffat (Clerk). 93. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – […]

Oct 162017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 12th September 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors A Purdie (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond. In Attendance:- BCC Cllr Dev Dhillon, SBDC Cllr D Pepler, David Pilsworth (Associate Director CH2M Arcadis […]

Jul 122017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 11th July 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), G Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond. In Attendance:- BCC Cllr Dev Dhillon, SBDC Cllr D Pepler, Jacqueline Austin-Lavery, Community Links Officer (Southern […]

Jul 042017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 13th June 2017 at 8 pm   Present:- Councillors APurdie (chaired the meeting),  A Foxley,  Cllr L Kittel, P Smith and R Ormond. In Attendance:-   Mrs S Moffat (Clerk). PUBLIC PARTICIPTION – SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler was […]

Jul 042017
 

Minutes of the Annual Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 8 pm   Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting),  G. Easton, A Foxley, P Smith and R Ormond. In Attendance:-   Mrs S Moffat (Clerk) and SBD Cllr David Pepler.   At the […]

May 142017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 11th April 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting),Cllr A Foxley, Cllr G Easton, Cllr A Purdie, Cllr R Ormond. In Attendance:- Cllr Dev Dhillon (Bucks CC) and Mrs S Moffat (Clerk). 185. PUBLIC […]

Apr 092017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuessday 14th March 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting),Cllr A Foxley, Cllr G Easton, Cllr A Purdie, Cllr R Ormond, Cllr L Kittel and Cllr P Smith. In Attendance:- Cllr Dev Dhillon (Bucks CC), […]

Apr 092017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Wednesday 22nd February 2017 at 8 pm (Meeting date changed from 14th February 2017 in order to be Quorate) Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting),Cllr A Foxley, Cllr G Easton, Cllr A Purdie, Cllr R Ormond, Cllr L […]

Feb 212017
 

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 10th January 2017 at 8 pm Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting),Cllr A Foxley, Cllr G Easton, Cllr A Purdie and R Ormond. In Attendance:- Cllr D Peplar, Mr Dax and Mrs S Moffat (Clerk). 141. PUBLIC […]