Monthly Parish Minutes

 
 

Minutes_Council_dpc- 9_10_18

Minutes_Council_dpc_11_9_18

Minutes of the Dorney Parish Meeting of the Council held at the  Dorney Village Hall on Tuesday 8th May 2018 at 8 pm

 

Present:- Councillors K Harris (chaired the meeting), A Purdie, L Kittel, A Foxley and P Smith

In Attendance:-  Buck CC Cllr Dev Dhillon, SBDC Cllr D Pepler and Sue Moffat (Clerk).

 

  1. Election of Chairman – At the proposition of Cllr Smith, seconded by Cllr Foxley, it was unanimously agreed for Cllr Harris to be Chairman for the ensuing year.
  2. Declaration of Acceptance of Office – Cllr Harris accepted the office of Chairman.
  3. PUBLIC PARTICIPTION Bucks CC Report – Cllr Dev Dhillon reported:- (i) He is still waiting for costings for the LAF projects; (ii) He will investigate why the Highways Officer at Bucks CC will not allow the use of the solar panel radar signs that Dorney PC wish to purchase; (iii) After the response from Openreach to Cllr Purdie that Openreach cannot fully upgrade the broadband speed before Spring 2019, Cllr Dhillon will make enquiries at Bucks CC to see if the process can be speeded up; (iv) Cllr Dhillon announced that Pauline Caley was nominated by TVPA for an award for her support work with young people and the elderly; (v) Dorney PC continued to press for a more efficient service from Bucks CC regards pothole repair in Dorney.

SBDC Report – Cllr Pepler reported that:-(i) The main work at District Council is responding to the Consultation on Unitary Authority after the Secretary of State was minded to recommend the single Unitary authority. SBDC, CDC and High Wycombe District Councils are campaigning for a 2 Tier Unitary Authority.  Democratic Services at SBDC are carrying out a poll on this issue; (ii) There is no further development regards the Enforcement on the owners of the waste heaps at Orchard Herbs Farm but Cllr Pepler is at a meeting with the Planning Officers at Taplow this week and will continue to make enquiries as to what is happening.

  1. Apologies were received from Cllr G Easton and Cllr R Ormond.
  2. Disclosure of interest in items on the agenda – None.
  3. Resolved to receive and approve the minutes of the previous meeting Council held on the 10th April 2018.
  4. Election of Vice-Chairman – At the proposition of Cllr Harris, seconded by Cllr Smith, it was unanimously agreed for Cllr Purdie to be Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year.
  5. It was resolved to fix the amount of the Chairman’s allowance in pursuance of section 15(5) of the Local Government Act 1972 at the budgeted amount of £150.
  6. Finance Committee – It was agreed that membership will be all councillors. At the proposition of Cllr Harris, seconded by Cllr Kittel, it was unanimously agreed for Cllr Ormond to be Chairman of the Finance Committee.
  7. To appoint representatives on the undermentioned bodies:-

SBALC – Cllr Purdie.

BALC – Cllr Smith.

  1. It was resolved to fix the dates and times of meetings of the Council for the ensuing year – to be at 8pm on 2nd Tuesday of every month – (at Dorney Village Hall) and no meeting in August. Finance Meeting to set budget and precept and review internal audit plan and risk assessments will be held before the Council meeting on 13th November, 2018 in Dorney Village Hall.
  2. Clerk’s Report – None.
  3. Chairman’s Report – None.
  4. Web Site – It was agreed to have links to outside bodies such as SBDC’s web site for Planning, SBALC meetings and any other local issues that may arise. Finances will be attached to the Minutes. It was also agreed to have the Clerk as the one point of contact.
  5. Defibrillator Update – Cllr Foxley reported that the training for volunteers to use the defibrillator took place on 24th April and was very informative. The defibrillator is checked regularly and these checks are reported on line. Now that the defibrillator in Dorney is up and running, Cllr Foxley is investigating the possibility of funding and installing another one in Dorney Reach. Dorney Village Hall Committee have agreed for a defibrillator to be installed on the outside wall of the Village Hall provided there is no cost to the Village Hall apart from electricity to top up the battery. However, it was agreed that the telephone box in Harcourt Road would be a more suitable location as higher footfall and easier access. Cllr Kittel also said that Dorney School would support this location and help to look after it. At present this phone box is used a lot as a library and there is a clutter of books which may cause a problem. One suggestion was to attach the defibrillator to the outside of the Phone box to resolve this problem. Cllr Foxley will carry out further investigations at this location
  6. The Village Clean Up as mentioned at Dorney AGM. It was agreed to have 3 clean-up teams, one each for Dorney, Dorney Reach and Boveney areas and the leaders to be Cllr Foxley, Cllr Kittel and Cllr Smith respectively. The agreed date was 16th June with all volunteers to first meet up at Dorney Village Hall for a bacon sandwich before dispersing in to their teams. Cllr Pepler said that SBDC are able to lend litter pickers, high viz jackets and refuse bags. The Clerk will contact the Waste Team at SBDC to co-ordinate this and arrange for the refuse bags to be collected after the event.
  7. Updates on the Radar Speed Sign – Cllr Dhillon to investigate as already discussed.
  8. To respond to the consultation on MODERNISING LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN BUCKINGHAMSHIRE – To consider submitting representation to Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to provide the views of Dorney Parish Council regarding the decision of the Secretary of State minded to’ implement, subject to Parliamentary approval and further discussions, the locally-led proposal to replace the existing five councils across Buckinghamshire with a single council for the area. Feedback to MHCLG (by 25 May). futurebucks.co.uk.

Resolved to support a Two Tier Unitary Authority in order to provide a closer connection with parish/town councils which will support localism and assist greater accountability.

  1. To note the response to NALC on the Unauthorised Development and Encampment Consultation being conducted by the Government. NALC is collecting information to respond on behalf of town and parish councils. Cllr Purdie to advise. Deferred until the next meeting.
  1. Planning
  • To note planning issues, decisions and appeals recently notified by South Bucks District Council – (final notice to be circulated).

(b) To consider and comment upon applications – (to be circulated).

(c)The Clerk has not yet received a response from Planning Enforcement regards 7, Old Marsh Lane. Cllr      Pepler will check with Cllr Bezzant if there is any further information.

  1. Finance
  2. a) To authorise payment of Accounts for May 2018 (as circulated).
  3. b) To receive list of income for May 2018 (as circulated).
  4. c) To receive recent bank statements and Chairman to sign reconciliations.
  5. d) To receive the budget for 2017/18.
  6. Member’s Reports –
  7. Correspondence– (i) South Bucks Neighbourhood Survey – http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SouthBucksApril2018/ and there is the one for Under 18s to complete – http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/SouthBucksYouthApril2018/ for the schools; (ii) Bucks CC advised of the Small grant scheme for the Silent Soldier campaign; (iii) BALC -Parish Liaison Notes of the 2nd May 2018.
  8. Resolve any complaints/comments received from residents – (i) Complaints about traffic congestion due to parked cars in Court Lane/Marsh Lane when Eton Rowing Lake closed its car park due to disturbances. Agreed to ask Eton Lake for a contribution towards LAF project for  barriers to be installed near the entrance to the Rowing Lake to prevent parked cars causing congestion; (ii) There has recently been a higher frequency of dog mess not being picked up.

 

  1. Highways employee/work – Cllr Harris was pleased to report that John Farrell has returned to work.

 

 

Meeting ended 9.40pm.

 

Chairman ……………………………………………………  Date ………………………………….

 

Date of next meeting –  Parish Council meeting at 8pm on 12th June, 2018  at Dorney Village Hall.

  

 

 

.